This week’s episode is taken from a livestream training in April 2018 with over 500 people in attendance desiring to learn more about Warrior Wealth. Garrett blends together the very different yet harmonious conversations of Advertising and Marketing to create a Road Map to take your business and life further when it comes to advertising the messages that matter to you.
The following topics will be discussed every month:
Week 1: Power
Week 2: Production
Week 3: Profit
Week 4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…PRODUCTION
Golden Nugget #1: Your Money Must Back Your Message
- When it comes to marketing and advertising, one of the things you actually have to look at is the time and investment into the quality of the advertising and the marketing that you deliver. I started looking at the advertising within this industry and noticed that the vast majority of the marketers I knew were cheap fucking bastards when it came to the positioning, packaging and promotion of the shit they were pitching.
- The way this entire experience for you is being contained is currently inside what we call a frame. Everything you are seeing is a result of our marketing and advertising strategy. It’s not just me giving you a pitch to invest in a ticket, its me showing you by what I do that we take our time, money and energy to back our message.
What does the packaging and promotion of what you offer say about your company and what someone can expect to experience with you or your product?
Golden Nugget #2: From Hope to Strategy
- You must have a paid advertising strategy rather than living off of hopium – an irrational or unwarranted optimism. What’s happened is that marketing has become a fucking shit show.
- You must also be able to operate like a sniper in the way you approach your content and advertising that you’re paying for. You must look for a specific target, have a specific outcome, and back that target with a specific action that you want them to take by paying to put your message into the feed and into the world that exists for your prospects.
Do you advertise with hopeful, organic, general marketing or do you operate like a sniper?
Golden Nugget #3: Leads on Demand
- A business either grows or dies based upon its lead sources. Most people are trained to think about marketing at the end of the conversation and spend their time building all their bullshit first, leaving marketing as an afterthought.
- The one conversation that actually matters is: Can you make it rain on demand? Can you produce a situation inside your business where there is a surplus of leads available to you, and inside of that where you get to choose who you want to do business with?
When are you going to stop the chaos and burnout of constantly struggling to acquire leads?
Golden Nugget #4: Pay to Play
- How much are you willing to pay today for a qualified lead? This question altered my reality because I had never, ever considered that I should Pay to Play. If you follow around successful businesses that have maintained and continue to grow systematically, you will see that they have a paid advertising strategy that backs their product, service or experience.
- Do we still do organic marketing? Of course! An example of this is we do podcasts and do posts all across social media that support our ads. You first have to be willing to pay to advertise for your leads. You want bigger results? You have to commit yourself to seeing and doing things differently.
What is the actual dollar amount you would be willing to pay today for a qualified lead?
Golden Nugget #5: Leads, Applications and Clients
- We had to look at the cost and at the dollars – how much $ we paid and how much $ we made. My focus was on the gap between two things: My Costs and my Dollars. Where the real money is made is in the strategic seduction of the leads and applications that did not initially buy. 90% of the individuals that you bring in through advertising will not buy from you in the first 90-120+ days.
- When you begin to advertise, you begin to recognize quickly that there is not the kind of money in advertising that you first assume. There is a world beyond the first pass that exists 3-6 months from now, and if you never stop advertising that means the dollars today are being cashed in on value created on leads acquired in the past 3-6+ months.
What are you doing with the leads you acquire that don’t initially buy from you?
Quote of the Week:
“Pay to Play. This is the game. Stop fucking trying to play the game for free. At some point you have to cross the crevice of hope into the game of strategy and predictability by being willing to back your message with money, by advertising and putting your message into a location that allows you to experience the abundance of more leads than your company can actually service.”
–Garrett J White